- Payment must be made by credit/debit card and all charges are in Australian Dollars. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and debit cards. Cash payments are not accepted.
- 20% deposit is required to confirm your booking.
- Full payment is required upon arrival before collecting your vehicle.
- Card holder must be present at the time of collection.
- At the end of the rental period any additional charges incurred must be paid.
- Full refund if cancelled within 7 days of arrival.
- Deposit of 20% is not refundable if cancelled within 7 days of arrival.
3. Rental Bond
- When collecting your vehicle a rental bond / holding deposit of $500 is required. This will be done as a pre-authorisation on your nominated credit or debit card. The funds are held at your financial institution and not by us.
- The hold will be released at the end of your rental period when the vehicle is returned. Note that some financial institutions may take several days to process and release funds. We have no control over their timing.
4. Comprehnsive Insurance and Excess
- All vehicles include fully comprehensive car insurance with a $500 excess. This is the maximum amount you will be liable for in the event of damage or theft to the vehicle during your rental period, whether your fault or not.
- You are not covered in the event where you are in breach of our hire terms and conditions or under certain conditions such as, but not limited to, leaving the scene of an accident, damage related to incorrect fuel type, deliberate or reckless damage or operating the vehicle unlawfully. Refer to the hire terms and conditions for full details.
- There is no cover for your possessions, or accessories rented with the vehicle such as baby seats.
5. Roadside Assistance
All vehicles include free RACQ roadside assistance for mechanical faults only. Unless you take our Roadside Assistance cover, you are not covered for the following events -
- Tyre changing - help replacing with your space tyre
- Lockout - open your vehicle when keys have been locked inside
- Emergency fuel - Up to 15 litres if you unexpectedly run out of fuel
- Flat battery - jump start your rental vehicle
6. Rental Period
- Your rental period is classed as the time shown on your rental agreement and booking form. The rate for hire is calculated and displayed for this period only.
- The vehicle must be returned to us by the rental period end date shown on your agreement. If you require an extensions you must contact us at least 2 hours before the due date and time. Extensions are subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- A late fee may apply if you fail to return by the given date and time and we may attempt to recover the vehicle by lawful means.
6. Driver Requirements
- All drivers must be at least 25 years of age.
- Each driver MUST be registered on the rental agreement at the time of collection of your vehicle.
- All drivers must held either an Australian Open Licence, Australian Provisional Licence or an International Licence. The licence must be current and valid for the entire rental period.
- Vehicle must not be operated by a driver who is unfit to drive or under the influence of alcohol or any substance which would impair their ability.
- Drivers must comply with all current road and traffic rules in the state of Queensland.
6.1. Australian Provisional Drivers (P-Plate)
The following additional restrictions and conditions apply to drivers holding an Australian Provisional Licence.
- Must have held licence for at least 12 months.
- Must purchase one of the damage waiver options.
- Must display the P-Plate on the vehicle at all times and comply with any and all other rules, regulations and restrictions imposed in Queensland and on their provisional licence.
7. Restricted and Prohibited Areas
Refer to the current Hire Terms and Conditions for details on restricted and prohibited areas.
8. Fines and Charges
At the end of your rental period you will be required to pay any amounts in relation to the following -
- Parking fines, infringements and penalties including court fees
- Any work required to return the vehicle to the condition it was at the start of your rental, excluding reasonable wear and tear. This may include, but is not limited to, cleaning fees.
- Any damage incurred to the vehicle, up to the excess shown on your rental agreement.
- Damage or replacement of accessories hired with your vehicle.
- Refuelling charges. All vehicles must be returned with a full tank of fuel. A refuelling service fee will be charged otherwise.
All charges will occur an additional administration fee of $33 (including GST)
9. Subject to Availability
- All bookings, including confirmed bookings, are subject to availability.
- If a vehicle becomes unavailable for the start of your rental period, we will endeavour to organise a replacement.